I'm joining in Gretchen's fun Monday goodness. Because I like her. And I like being glad. And because I have so much to be glad about.
1) I'm so glad for this little guy.
He turned 5 today. And I can't believe how the time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday that I was badgering my doctor into inducing me early, so that I could meet my little fella. Doc must have got tired of my whining, so he admitted me. And early on May 4, 2004, my little guy became the 3rd rascal in this rascally family. Can't imagine life without our Tater Tot.
Happy Birthday, T!
2) I'm glad for great friends. I've been through seasons in my life when I have felt so alone. When I felt like there was no one that had my back. That everyone was just going through the motions of friendliness because that was the "Christian" thing to do. But, God has blessed me with this season of life. One in which I not only have real life friends that are tremendous women of God that love, care, and bring out the best in me, but that I also have friends in the blogosphere that have inspired me, encouraged me, and have made this big world so much smaller for me. I heart every one of you....big time.
3) I'm glad that summer is only 3 weeks away for our family (only 14 days of school to be exact!). Although I heart cozy sweaters and hiding my unexercised body behind layers in the fall and winter, I am a summer girl through and through. Sunshine makes my skin happy. Flip flops make my feet happy. And lazy days with nowhere to be but the pool make all of me crazy happy. Summer. Summer. Summer.
4) I'm glad that my church is a Jesus Lovin' church. That it is an honest church. That it is a real church. And that no one pretends to be anything that we're not. We had the Lord's Supper yesterday at church, and it did amazing things for my spirit. Because it wasn't about motions or rituals. It was about wholeness and Jesus. And it doesn't get better than that.
5) I'm glad that my husband is okay with eating pancakes for dinner. Just sayin'.
6) I'm glad that my house is clean. For this 5 minutes.
7) I'm glad that my passport came in the mail on Saturday. Because that means I'm all clear to head out on my big trip with the husband this summer. I still think it is crazy that I had to drop $100 on a passport to go to Canada, but I'm going to just be glad that I get to go. Because it will be fun. And relaxing. And much needed. And because now I'll have my passport all ready to go when the husband decides he needs to whisk me away to Jamaica. Or Barbados. Or Australia. Again. Just sayin'.
8) I'm glad that my parents are in love enough with my 3 rascals that they are actually willing to take them for a whole week while I go on my said trip. Bless my parents' hearts. I've already started praying for them.
9) I'm glad that Keaton doesn't have the Swine Flu. I kid...kinda. He is sick with some whacko virus, and I took him to see the Good Doctor today. Good Doc said we were all clear on the Swine Flu...but, I tend to hold my breath. Because it would be like our family to be the ones that would get something like that. Because that is usually how we roll.
10) I'm glad that my kids use words like "discombobulate" and "enamored" all wrong in sentences. Because I like to giggle.
Gladitude Monday....I'm glad for you.