Gladitude Monday (hosted by my good buddy, Gretchen, or as I like to call her, Jewels) couldn't have come along at a better time. This weekend was a bit of a tough one for me, so it is refreshing to shift gears and focus on all the gladdiness.
10. I'm so glad that it's Monday. Not often a sentence that erupts from my I-forgot-to-wear-lipstick-to-church-yesterday lips. But this Monday happens to be the LAST Monday of the 2008-2009 school year for me! Can I hear a big Woot Woot?! Five more days, and I'll be putting the khakis away, folks. I'll be gearing up for sun kissed cheeks, weeks spent with nothing but pulled-back hair, and tan lines on my feet from entirely WAY too much flip-flop usage. Oh, and there is that other part about getting to spend day-in and day-out with my three most favorite best friendsy rascals in the world....I heart those boys. And I think I heart them just a little bit more when we are in the sunshine, and they have those adorable tan lines on their backsides.
9. I'm so glad that the husband dragged me by my hair kicking and screaming cave man style and forced me to do P90X with him last night. Oh, how that over-zealous man (the P90X dude, not Kirk) peels the paint from the walls of my brain. But, none-the-less, my muscles ache. I wanted to throw up the 13 Airheads I had consumed for my dessert. And I sweated like a pig at a luau. But...wait for it....I actually enjoyed myself. And I may (or may not) feel better for having exercised. Oh, hush. Save all of your "I told you so"s. I've just decided that now I really want that trip to Mexico.
8. I'm glad that I have cute new glasses. Because not only do the make me very Danny Gokey-ish, but....well....I can't think of anything else. They're just cute. And I like them.
7. I'm glad that Arkansas has received four hundred and eleventy thousand feet of rain in the last few weeks. Really, I am. Aside from needing a boat to float to town, my laundry is done and my house is clean. All thanks to baseball fields being turned into ponds. No baseball = Life back.
6. I'm glad that I am now Twittering....or Tweeting...or Twitting. Or whatever it is. Because it is just one more way for me to be all up in everyone else's business. And I felt like I was missing out on a good party. And I don't like to miss a party.
5. I'm glad that things are better at work with that person. Turns out they have had some things happen in their personal life, and they just tend to be the kind of personality that can't multitask their emotions.
4. I'm glad that it is summer at my church. That sounds weird, but our church actually has summer. Our schedule shifts gears, everything slows down, and a lot of focus is put on fellowship. With two universities in our town, our community shrinks drastically come summer. And with a huge portion of our church made up of students, summers allow the core body of the church to spend some quality time building relationships. I love it. And I also love that our church recognizes the need for family time. And encourages spending time with your family as a way to worship the One who created family. Last night our church had no scheduled services or activities, so the rascals, the husband, and I just got to enjoy eachother. With no where to be. And no where to dress up for. Just do what we do best....be together.
3. I'm glad for summer tv scheduling. Although it makes me sad to say goodbye to McDreamy and Idol and Dancing With the Stars until next year....I'm glad that my evenings are going to be freed up. I have DVR...but, I also have issues with all of you people telling me what happened before I get a chance to see for myself. So...I felt tremendous amounts of pressure to watch all my shows in real time. My summer tv will be sitting pretty with only The Bachelorette on the docket...and all of those trashy vH1 reality shows that lure me in like cake...nice.
2. I'm glad for a fixed air-conditioner. Luckily our AC decided to go out when it was still Springtime and relatively cool. Open windows have actually been nice for the past few weeks, but I will say...there is nothing like being chilled as a cucumber while you sleep at night with fresh sell-your-left-kidney-to-pay-for-it freon blowing atcha.
1. I'm so very glad for good friends. Compassionate friends. Beautiful friends. Funny friends. I feel like a broken record, but the girls in my life are amazing women. And I love them. My heart cries for them when I know that they are hurting. And my heart floods with joy when I know that they are happy. Blessings truly undeserved.
Go out and make it a great gladdie glad Monday.
Because just know....I'm oh so glad for you.