1.31.2009

Book Review for Thomas Nelson Publishing


I just finished up Kiss which was co-authored by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy. I have to be honest. I had heard mixed reviews on Dekker’s work and was rather skeptical about starting one of his books. But there was something about the concept of the book that intrigued me, so I decided to take a chance. I was pleasantly surprised! Kiss was a thrilling roller coaster ride of a read. The writing was phenomenal; the plot was outrageous; and the characters were riveting.


Kiss is the story of Shauna McAllister, the daughter of a powerful and very influential family. Shauna awakens in a hospital realizing that she has lost months of memories. As she journeys down the road to recover and rediscover herself, she finds herself swimming in a sea of scandal and lies. She is left not knowing who to believe and finding that some of her closest allies are actually her worst enemies. Shauna also develops an unusual power of the mind, in which she realizes is both an asset and a hindrance. In this power, Shauna begins to rediscover her lost memories and unearth tragic family secrets. Shauna also finds love and a new relationship with the Lord.


Kiss is unlike any other Christian fiction book I have read. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys suspenseful nail-biters mixed with true emotion.

1 comments:

Amy Fulmer said...

I am reading this same book! I ordered it after reading your first book review (free books rock!) It is taking me awhile...I am having a hard time getting into it...but I have already read the ending!