1.29.2009

A Message To My Friends


I'm feeling a bit blue tonight.

I have several friends that are hurting right now and it makes me sad. I feel totally helpless and can't stand that they are having such a hard time.

They are fighting feelings of unfairness. They are being misunderstood. They are feeling inadequate. They are dealing with really difficult circumstances. They are depressed. They are asking "Why?" They are having to say "No."

I've been there....so many times. And yet I have no advice. No suggestions. I even feel like my encouraging words aren't worthy of their situations.

I've read some blogs today that have made me weep and have had some conversations today that have left me aching for my friends.

All I can say is that I love you guys. You are my friends because you are something phenomenal. You inspire me because you are real. I'm hurting because you are hurting.

I know that there is nothing I can do except love you and pray.

Done. You got it.

4 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Well, thanks, Amber! I'm sure I fit in that list of friends.

You and Steph and Lisa need to plan a girls weekend to Colorado. Bring Teresa too. And Becky R. and anyone else I love!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Okay, we really need more than a weekend.

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

You're the best!!! I love ya!

Meredith---you're right we do but don't know if the men in our lives will let us!

Mich said...

Love ya!