Tonight the husband asked me if I would start moving all the
furniture junk out of our bedroom in preparation for the big remodel that he has in his head.
I say "in his head" because I don't really have any idea what exactly is going to take place.
I think new flooring is involved. And new walls. And new paint. And my favorite...new bedding!
But apparently we have to totally empty our room for the rehaul. Here's my beef with the whole situation....
Our house is as small as my pinkie.
We have a giant goose egg on the storage space.
And, well, my house is small, and we have no storage.
So...when talk of hauling everything out of my bedroom out for a "let's do it ourselves, although I work full-time" remodel...I'm less than a little enthusiastic.
Because I know what it is going to mean.
- The only space for our furniture is the hallway. And I can already envision my antique chest-of-drawers being used as a jungle gym.
- The bed has to come out because of the new flooring. This means we are going to take over Keaton's bed. And I hate his bed. With a passion.
- Although the husband is uber-talented and resourceful when it comes to all things handy-man-ish, he still works a full-time job. And last time I checked, hours don't grow on trees. Which means this little project isn't going to be done in a day.
- And I hate Keaton's bed. With a passion.
- I'm going to have to pick out a paint color. And that stresses me out.
- Before I pick paint, I need to pick new bedding. And though it makes me giddy, it, too, stresses me out.
- And I'm going to have to move all my clothes out of my closet. To where, exactly, I'm not sure.
- Or I can just wear the exact same thing for the duration of the remodel.
- And I hate Keaton's bed.
- And I'm probably going to have to sleep on it all summer.
So....HOORAY for the husband and his wanting to do something nice for me.
BOORAY for me being so skeptical that this project is actually going to get finished anytime soon.
So....will I be moving furniture out of here tomorrow? Probably not.
But I might spend the day surfing the net for cute bedding and perusing websites for decorating inspiration.
That's being helpful.....right?
In totally unrelated news, but it is just so darn funny-looking.....Sawyer lost another tooth. And now he has a ginormous hole in the front of his head.
And I'm going to cook spaghetti tomorrow night just to see what he does with the noodles!! :)