That guy right there is Mr. Raising Rascals.
Also known around these parts as Dude Who Never Smiles.
It's his birthday today. And he turned the big 32. (Yah. Yah. We're babies....tell me all about it.)
In honor of the man who just might be crazier than me (because he continues to come home to our nut house at night instead of high-tailing it to Wisconsin), I'm dedicating this post to him. And I'm going to fill ya in on some facts that you may not know about Mr. Mystery With the Wicked Dimples....
1. He is insanely smart. Like has a degree in Physics smart. He likes to spout off random facts about theories and equations of planetary something-or-other, and I pretend to listen. Because I don't want him to leave us for Wisconsin.
2. He is incredibly handy around the house. I can count on one hand the number of times we have had to call a repairman to our house to fix something, and that was only the air conditioning man because we needed freon, and apparently they don't sell that stuff to just anybody...even if you can quote Einstein and Bernoulli.
3. He has a crazy old car fetish. Right now in our garage sits a 1953 Chevy pickup that is being restored. And in his dreams are a bazillion other vehicles that are just waiting for him to refurbish.
4. He loves to bow fish.
5. He is a card shark at Texas Hold 'Em.
6. His fantasy job is to be an astronaut. His eyes drift to the stars on most nights.
7. He is bilingual. He is completely fluent in both Redneck Arkanese and High-Falootin' Smart People Speak.
8. He is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. And if he killed the meat himself, then it is even better.
9. He can cook breakfast like nobody's business.
10. He loves a big ole' glass of sweet tea.
11. He never gets ice in his fountain sodas....because they don't water down that way. See? Always thinkin', this guy.
12. He has lots of best friends. Because he is a great friend.
13. His middle name is Matthew. And Tate shares his daddy's middle name.
14. He has an insanely sarcastic and dry sense of humor, and he can always be counted on for clever commentary on any conversation.
15. His favorite chips are Original Pringles, and his favorite candy is Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.
16. His favorite dessert is cheesecake. I've seen him cry grown man tears when it comes to good cheesecake.
17. He loves the St. Louis Cardinals; the Green Bay Packers; and the Arkansas Razorbacks.
18. He doesn't like basketball....unless his boys are playing it....or he has 5 bucks invested in the office March Madness pool.
19. He works out at the gym every morning....except when he sleeps in.
20. He doesn't understand my blog obsession or my relationships that I've made with "people I've never met," but he is totally and wholly supportive of it and me. Even though eye-rolling is an adequate summation of his mannerisms whenever my blogeeps are discussed.
And lastly....but certainly not leastly....
He is an amazing father. And an amazing husband. And an amazing friend.
I'm honored everyday to be married to such a tremendous guy, and have to pinch myself constantly to realize that this crazy ride we're on together is real.
Happy Birthday, Kirk!
You are most definitely my favorite!!
Labels: Married Life