12.19.2008

So Boy Crazy, I Am, I Am

I had a discussion at lunch today with some of my coworkers (over enchiladas and chips/salsa...yummo!) about the whole girl vs. boy issue.


I've written about this before, but I couldn't help but rehashing this whole concept...


I think God knew that I needed to be the mom of boys. Aside from hairbows, tutus, and that one dress from AddieMae's Closet that I've had my eye on for my imaginary daughter.....I really don't think I'm girly mom material.


Right now....this is what I see....











And I'm perfectly happy with all of it....except the dirty socks...I could do without those!


Really can't imagine my life with a daughter....actually would pity one to have to live in this Boy Crazy World!

5 comments:

Mich said...

Kayla would agree with that last statement, for she has been there!

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Addison could hold her own in your house..for a little while at least.

Alison said...

Ummm...yeah, so I laughed at the first picture. Our little "girly girl" LOVES cars! We didn't discover that until we were around her 8 male cousins (only 1 other girl) and TONS of cars, balls, and tons of other boyish stuff. Today when we had our ultrasound done, the family who watched her have two kids of their own, one, a five year old who loves hot wheels. Their first comment to us was, "did you know she loves to play with Hot Wheels?" Yeah...so even the girly girls can have a little bit of love for cars and sports...even dirty socks from time to time I'm sure. ;-)

Jim said...

Amb,
Do generations do a flip-flop, or what? You were raised in a two-girls only environment, admittedly a different one all around with an older sister by 7 years, coupled with a community not traditionally American. I wonder what influences all of that had to bear upon your present, Boy Crazy World. I do know that you held your own with all of the changes. As a Dad, girls are a real chore, or should I say, the boys, when the girls are in their teens, are a real chore! Comes with the territory, I suppose, but I was blessed more than many at the results, though getting there was a real doosie of a time! Wouldn't trade you and Mich for anything, not even a bunch of rascals.
Love you,
Dad

Anne said...

Having 6 nephews has given me the idea I would love to be a mommy to boys.... but the Lord has a sense of humor enough that I sometimes think I'm just going to have all girls:).