12.22.2008

Randomness Run Amuck...Even Into A Men's Restroom

Tomorrow we head out on our road trip full of Bug Juice, Laffy Taffy, and the License Plate Game. Our car will be packed to the brim with suitcases, presents, pillows, coats, and all those Happy Meal toys and beef jerky packets we'll collect along the way. I'm taking a break in my pull-my-hair-out preparation day to take a computer break, and everything that is running through my head is on the far end of the random scale...

I'm wondering if I can get all my laundry done in time to pack our suitcases. I've done 14 loads of laundry this weekend, and you can't even see a dent in the dirty clothes piles. Could have something to do with all 4 of my men feeling the need to change clothes a bazillion times a day. Also could have something to do with me not having done a stitch of laundry all last week....but, we're not going to dwell on that.

Speaking of laundry....here's how bad it is. Keaton, bless his heart, has been wearing my athletic socks for the past 3 days, because his drawer is e.m.p.t.y. This is much to his dismay, but I've promised him that no one will see the pink stripe on the toe....as long as he keeps his shoe on. Just might have screwed that kid up for life.

We went to town this morning to run 5 errands....5 fast errands. Left at 7:30...didn't get home until 11:45. *frown & growl*

We ate at McDonalds today for lunch. The kids think it is because they were getting a treat. It's really because I don't have a clean pot in the house to even cook mac and cheese in, and cleaning the kitchen isn't at the top of my to-do list today. Another nomination for Mother-of-the-Year....I know....keep 'em coming.

Sawyer ordered a grown-up meal at McDonalds today. I began to wipe a tear from my eye, getting all reflective on how time flies and how my little boy is turning into a man. Uh-uh. He just wanted to be able to have a bigger cup than his brothers.....

My oldest son is either clueless or he played a dirty, dirty trick on me today. I'm hoping for clueless, because it was SO not funny. While in Wal-Mart, Sawyer had run into the bathroom, under the strict instructions to "HURRY!". I was standing right outside the bathroom, and hadn't see anyone go in or out in what seemed like 5 or 10 minutes. Sawyer is notorious for playing in the sink, so I sent his usually responsible big brother in with a message...."HURRY!". Still no Sawyer. So I wait.....I send Keaton back in....still nothing. Repeat. Nothing. On the last time out, Keaton told me that Sawyer's hands were covered in soap and he was running from sink to sink playing in the water. So, I say, "Keaton, are there any men in there?" He says, "I don't think so." Well, neither did I, since we'd been there for eons and seen no signs of male life around the restroom. So, I prance to the door, push it open, stick my head in, shouting, "HURRY!" as I go.....only to be horrified at the sight of 2 stunned men using the urinals just inside the door. Nice. I scramble out of there all while giving the stare-down to Keaton, who hasn't a clue as to why his mother is now red-faced and babbling like an idiot. To make it worse....Sawyer continued to slow-poke, forcing me to greet each of the men as they left the restroom. Sawyer is SO banished to the women's bathroom with me for the rest of his life! Keaton, too....maybe....just because.....

I still need to post all our pictures from our family Christmas. My in-laws live in the Sticks, and don't have internet access, so I'm going to be on a Blog-iday for the next few days. I'm going to try to get some posts together tonight to have ready for the next few days....we'll see if I can get that done...it is on my list! Anyway, all our wonderful present pictures (like our Dollar Tree gifts....fun!) are on the list of things to leave for you....but, I couldn't wait any longer to show you my new fantastic laptop bag.....isn't it mah-va-lus?!




So....off to climb Mountain O'Laundry....again. After that it is packing suitcases, cleaning house, and wrapping presents. I also have a nap to take....just might do that first!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve Eve!

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow! That is PINK and orange!

We saw you at the mall while we were waiting for our Santa pictures to print. I was tied down with kids and you guys look 'on a mission' so I resisted the urge to run you down!

Merry Christmas!

Jennifer said...

Holy Moly-14 loads of laundry! Ooops! Shouldn't comment until I check mine.........Yep! OVERFLOWING! Gotta do my laundry too!
The bathroom incident-oh my!!
Hope you and your fam have a very Merry Christmas! Cute laptop bag!

lisa@littlesliceoflife said...

Noooo! You can't be without internet access!

I'll miss you on fb and in bloggy-land.

The bathroom incident...*snort* and *giggle*

lisa@littlesliceoflife said...

Noooo! You can't be without internet access!

I'll miss you on fb and in bloggy-land.

The bathroom incident...*snort* and *giggle*

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Oh my!!!! I can't believe you didn't tell me about that...That could be the reason you weren't concerned with the issue we were having at the time :)

Well hope you get everything done tonight and have good time.

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

Ahh...those weren't both supposed to delete...just one of them!

14 loads of laundry...wow! Looks like it's time to teach some boys to do some washing, drying, and folding, huh? Good luck with that neverending battle. I've just stopped trying, and I only have the three of us.

Funny stories...although not to you at the time I'm sure. I'd have peed my pants.

Merry Christmas!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That bathroom story is FUNNY. And I love your laptop bag...so YOU!