12.18.2008

Tomorrow Night....Oh My.

Because of our Christmas situation that I wrote about here, Santa is coming to our house tomorrow night.

Tomorrow Night!

We are leaving town on Tuesday to head North, so we thought about having our family Christmas Monday or Tuesday morning. Tuesday was quickly ruled out because I'm going to be sprouting horns that day, trying to get us all packed and double-checking all the presents to take with us (making sure that I didn't forget somebody...which I notoriously do every year).

So, then Kirk and I decided that we would do it Monday morning and he would just go in to work a little later that day. We've kept this little plan going until I rehashed the boys' presents and decided that I must have been smokin' something when we made that plan.

Sawyer is getting a BB gun and Keaton is getting an IPod. Hello! A BB gun and an IPod that is neatly wrapped under the tree with ZERO music loaded on it!

So, if we waited 'till Monday, that means the husband would jet out of here after all the unwrapping mayhem, leaving me here ALONE. ALONE!!

Alone with a BB gun and an empty IPod.

Not happening!

So, we quickly moved our family Christmas to Saturday giving Sawyer a full day of BB gun fun... with the DAD, and Keaton a full day of downloading music fun...with the DAD!

Only one minor hitch in this plan....I'm Not Ready!

And I have a killer headache right now and don't feel like doing one darn thing to help my case. So, what is going to happen is this....

I'm going to lie here in my chair dozing all night (i.e. NOT DOING A THING FOR SANTA).
Tomorrow we have our last day of school (i.e. NOT DOING A THING FOR SANTA).
Tomorrow night we have an out-of-town wedding to attend (i.e. NOT DOING A THING FOR SANTA).

Saturday morning is going to come....I'll be totally unprepared....and I might just grow my horns early....

OR....

We'll wake up and have an amazing morning in our jammies. We'll laugh and smile. We'll eat homemade doughnuts. We'll take lots of pictures of us being happy. We'll spend a fabulous lazy day at home just doing what we do best....being together.

And it won't matter one bit that I wasn't ready! (I'm totally banking on the second option!)

5 comments:

buscher3 said...

Just remember that the kids won't care if 'Santa' was a little unprepared. They won't have a clue...they'll just be having fun and thrilled that they have new gifts.

Have fun being unprepared and just let the good times roll.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I promise it will all get done. And if it doesn't, your kids won't really remember.

Hey, we're leaving Monday and I was thinking about driving to Arkadelphia one day...probably Tuesday or Friday. Will you be back by then? Or will I miss you this time?

lisa@littlesliceoflife said...

I'm sorry about your headache. Steph said you didn't feel good.

Don't worry about being ready. It doesn't have to be perfect. Just enjoy the moment and enjoy your family.

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

I hope you are feeling better. It's all going to be ok! I say that way too much don't I.

Kristin said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments.

I wouldn't say my story is all that incredible. More like...

See Kristin fall flat on her face.

See God pick her up once again.

See Kristin learn a lesson and move on, hopefully not to fall flat again any time soon.

But...I appreciate the comment and you. So love reading your blog.

Enjoy the early Christmas and be safe on your travels.