11.02.2008

A Few of My Love/Hate Relationships (and these are just from today!)

I am hating that I am sick right now. I have this nasty sinus infection thing going on, and I feel rotten. I'm so ready to breathe again....
BUT...
I am loving Day Light Savings Time. I don't really know why we have it, and really don't care, but I really love the whole Falling Back thing. That extra hour of sleep is SO nice, especially since I'm sick. Talk to me again in the Spring, and I will hate it.

I am hating that my dryer is out. I was just at the laundromat, but thanks to my family's compulsive need to change clothes a gazillion times a day, we are already piled back up... BUT...
I am loving that I have had no laundry to do this weekend. That is usually what dominates my Saturdays, so it was kind of nice to not have any to do.

I am hating that my kids didn't kill a deer this weekend. It was the Youth Hunt, and both of the bigger boys were dead set on killing one. (Tate is too little to hunt, but even if he was old enough, he is scared of the woods and won't go in them!) Both Sawyer and Keaton hunted yesterday, but came up empty. Sawyer went back out this morning, but still nothing. They were pretty disappointed.....
BUT....
I am loving that my kids didn't kill a deer this weekend. It would have meant that I would have had to cut up the meat, and I'm really not in the mood.

I am hating that I need to go to WalMart and do my grocery shopping. We are out of EVERYTHING! I happened across a can of chicken noodle soup to eat for lunch, and you would have thought I struck gold. If it wasn't for all the Halloween candy, my family would starve....
BUT....
I am loving....uh, can't think of anything that I love about grocery shopping. Nope. Just hating.

To make up for not having a "loving" on that last note, I'll insert this one:

I am loving my husband for giving me this computer! I know that I have said that a million times, but I'm still just so excited about ti!!! Love it, love it, love it!

4 comments:

Mich said...

Sorry the boys had no luck! Sorry you're sick! I'm there too! Hope you feel better soon! Love ya!

Jim said...

Amb,
I "hate" to say it, but...now, wait a minute! Why do we say "I hate to say it" anyway? That phrase seems common but really isn't reflective of our real feelings, at all. Isn't it amazing the terms we use? They are a real paradox. No wonder people of other languages have so much problem with English understanding. I may do a blog on that subject, if I don't forget it.

Now, where was I when I started? Oh, yeah, "I hate to say..." Well, I just wanted to say. (Now, there I go again. How can I say "I hate to say" and "I just wanted to say" in the same context? - I just proved my point - perhaps that I didn't have a point, at all.)

Enough of this mind maze. I, too, was sorry the boys didn't have any kills they could claim. They, with me, will just have to eat part of what Jordan brought in!

I do hope you are feeling better this morning.

I love you. Give the hunters a hug.

I "hate" to go, but got things to do.

Dad

BG said...

HOPE YOU GET OVER YOUR AILMENTS FASTER THAN I
I'M SO ILL (WITH THE SAME SINUSY CONDITIONS) I CANT BE BOTHERED TO PRESS THE CAPS LOCK DOWN GET BETTER SOON FROM THE UK GOODRUMS

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

This was a fun post! I probably couldn't think of anything I love about grocery shopping either!