11.27.2008

The Bryant Family Thanksgiving

I did it!!
Actually WE did it. After the enlistment of my mom and sister, our Thanksgiving dinner turned out pretty spectacular, if I do say so myself.

Just look at this Martha Stewart-ish stuff...

Gotta give props to Mich for the lovely table decor.....




Look!! My dad made placecards!




Isn't our table pretty? And that turkey? SOOOOO GOOD! (Stephanie, tell Eric that I stuffed an orange in it, just like he said!!!)


These are my mama's mashed potatoes that are straight from Heaven. Although this year, my sister and I didn't get into a cat fight over them....wonder what's wrong. Must of been too tired from actually cooking something for once....




We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, stuffing, broccoli, rolls (Sister Shuberts' -- just like you guys said!), pumpkin pie, apple pie, Italian cream cake.......and.......

just because it wouldn't be the Goodrum house without it.....



macaroni and cheese (straight out the box!!).



I ate every last stinkin' bit of this.....so yummy!


I'm all about the food, and as worried as I was about the whole hostess gig, everything went off without a hitch! Michele made it look good, and my mom made it taste good! But, my favorite part of all (even better than the taters) is just being with my family! Check out all the fun we've been having....



My niece, Kayla, chowing on the drumstick.



My mom and dad



Me and Kirk




Tickle Fest....my bro-in-law, Kevin, and Tate


Crazy boys....Sawyer, Keaton, Tate, and my nephew, Jordan



Me and my sister, Michele (a.k.a. Martha)

My lazy, incredibly stuffed dog, Ozzie.....he got all the scraps plus the turkey carcass...I don't think he's moving anytime soon!
So...it's over. After all my weeks of fretting, slaving, scurrying, scrubbing, and planning....it's over. But, it was so fun...and so good!! I can't say that I want to keep having it at my house though. I still like being at my mama's, so I'll be anxious for Thanksgiving to move back to her house next year.
Oh, yah...one last picture to document the Bryant Family Thanksgiving. My sister always takes a picture at every one of our holiday get-togethers, and it is always of the same subject doing the exact same thing in the exact same position.....it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without my dad doing this.......


Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Everything looks great! And the table was beautiful! Great job! It looks like you guys had a great time! I missed my family today.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Ah...it all looks so pretty and SO delicious! Man, we went to the store yesterday to grab some stuff for our impromptu dinner and they didn't have Sister Schubert's rolls. *shudder* We got crescent rolls instead but I didn't even eat one. I needed some SS.

That pic of your dad is very funny! I'm so glad you guys have had fun being together.

lisa@littlesliceoflife said...

Congrats! I knew you could do it! Looks beautiful. It's my turn tomorrow...wish me luck!

Jo said...

Amb...
I KNEW you could do it! Now you're a pro!
Everything looked so good in the pictures. (Even my sleeping bro..haha!) And, I'm sure the food on the table was every bit as good as it looked.
I had Rich, Mick, Wes & Shane over here for an informal dinner and played "double 15 dominoes" until around 9pm.
The weather was great, so the puppies got to stay outside until after dark, and we didn't have them underfoot all afternoon. Was a good day, but of course, would have been better if mom and dad had been around. Like I told Rich today, we have to go on and make new memories.
Hope all of you have a great weekend, and a safe journey home for everyone leaving. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
Love,
Aunt Jo

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Yummy Yummy...you still have leftovers? Can I come for dinner?

Becky said...

Wow...I'm impressed! Everything looked wonderful and I'm sure it tasted good too.

Alison said...

I wondered how the day went for you last night. Glad it went well!