11.19.2008

One of My Favorite Things

No cute story. No funny anecdote. No gripey complaint. Not even a good random here's-what-we're-up-to post. Nothing. Nada. Zip.


I can't think of anything to write about, but it feels so strange for me to not post anything. But, I really think that we are living the most boring lives right now. My post yesterday was about my messy house....if that doesn't spell out BORING, I don't know what would.

Anyway, I was glancing around my living room and one of my most favorite things caught my eye. It is one of those things that I see a bazillion times a day and love it every time I see it, but don't really think about it too hard. When it caught my eye this time, I had a chance to remember why I love it so much.


Isn't it beautiful? I actually received this as a gift one Christmas from a student in a class of mine. His mom is an incredible artist (some of you Arkadelphia folks may recognize HJ's handiwork....she is amazing!) and she blessed me with this one-of-a-kind present.

I love it so much not only because it is of my precious children, but because it was handmade by her. I know that she spent time on it....just for me. There isn't anything more sincere than that kind of gift-giving. Thanks again, H! I love it!

While I'm here on this topic of handmade gift-giving, I've decided to try really hard to make that a priority of my Christmas giving this year. No big shocker, but most (if not all) of the ladies in my life will be receiving a piece of my jewelry, but I've also got a couple of other things up my sleeve made by some of my most crafty friends.

Here's a shout-out to my bestest buddies.....check out Stephanie's stuff here and Lisa's here and here. Aren't they amazing? I think so, too.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love that picture! How unique!

Amy Fulmer said...

My picture is one of my favorite things. She is so talented to capture their personalities with pencil-I can't balance my checkbook.

My only regret is that my portrait came pre-Maddie. I need to find a way to squeeze her in there....