11.25.2008

The Low-Down

Here's the low-down...

#1 -- PROJECT GIGANTIC JEWELRY FEST

Somehow or another I have managed to turn out about 200 pieces this weekend. WHEW! I have crafted, created, and handiworked myself just about over the edge. Thanks to the new-found entrepreneurial talents of my sister, my inventory was taken down to the zilch category, leaving me with NOTHING for my craft shows that are coming up oh-so-shortly. So, somehow or another I was needing to get on the ball and restock....MISSION COMPLETE. This is what my kitchen table looked like at one point during my spree of pendant mania.....














I did come up with some super-cute new monograms....















And some super-cute picture pendants (could just be the kids....hmmmmmmm....)....
















#2 -- PROJECT SLIPCOVER

My kids have totally destroyed my couch. We have this nifty window in our living room wall that peers into the hall, and my couch is centered under the window. All this creates is a fantastic climbing course. Apparently that is the best (and most fun) way to get from the living room to the rest of the house...who knew? Anyway, with all the climbing, they have managed to completely rip apart the top of my couch....grrrrrrrrrrr.
















Maybe it was the company coming, but I decided that I was going to sew it up and fix it. HA! What a joke. I just went and bought a slip cover, and I really like it. I'm going to show you a picture, but you are going to have to excuse the wrinkles....haven't dragged out the steamer yet!
















#3 -- PROJECT FIND NEW HAIRDRESSER

I have needed a haircut something fierce. I have crazy hair that does a whacky flip thing. That might work out for me, if it wasn't only on one side of my head. I also have a HUGE amount of hair, so it gets insanely heavy and, well, there is just too much to do anything with. So, long story short, it was definitely time to get something done about the moppage. I picked up the phone to call my beautician and then remembered that she had moved. Oh yah! So, thus began the mad search for the new one who will tame the mane. FOUND ONE! She did a really good job, I think. Of course, she just did it today and I haven't tried to fix it myself....that is always the true test. So, ask me again tomorrow!! This is a pretty scary self-photo (notice the bags under my eyes, smudgy mascara, and worn-off makeup....oh well...).
















#4 -- PROJECT CLEAN MY HOUSE

The mother ship is landing at my house the day after tomorrow, and I'm trying to get everything all spiffed up (hence the slipcover). So when I haven't been knee deep in neck attire creativity and slip-covering my couch, I've been trying to do the clean-up routine. Happy to say that I'm all done except for one bathroom and some laundry....not too shabby.


#5 -- PROJECT GET REALLY EXCITED THAT GAS IS $1.71 HERE

This one makes me giddy!


#6 -- PROJECT GET REALLY EXCITED THAT MY FRIEND IS HAVING A GIRL!!!
One of my besties, R, has been blessed with huge amounts of testosterone like me. Only she received an extra helping. She has 4 boys and just found out recently that she is pregnant. WHOA NELLY!!! She called today to tell me that it is a little girly!! Oh so excited!! I tend to live vicariously through my friends' hairbows and tea parties......


#7 -- PROJECT WATCHED LOTS OF FRIENDS

I just mentioned that I've been spending a lot of time watching my favorite show....tonight I did it. I finished them off. Season 10 was just placed delicately back in its case to await my next marathon of madness. Did I mention that I love that show? I cried just as hard through this go-round of the finale as I did the first time I saw it.....so good.


#8 -- PROJECT MISS MY FELLAS

I love those guys. :(


#9 -- PROJECT TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHY MY MANTLE FELL OFF THE WALL

Yah...you read right. I walked in the house tonight to find my mantle laying in the floor. It had fallen off of the fireplace. So weird. Kirk had just built me this new one (so beautiful) and hung it up maybe a month ago. Not sure what happened....I'm guessing he didn't hang it up right or something, but I am so not going to blame him. I'm going to blame it on wild chipmunks...that's safer. (Love you, honey!!)


#10 -- PROJECT DEFEND MYSELF AND ALL OTHER "OLD" PEOPLE WHO ARE ON FACEBOOK
I was told today that I'm too old to be on FaceBook. I was informed of this by a teenager who has over 1,000 FB friends, but chooses them by typing in a name that she likes in the search box and then looks through the pictures. If she thinks that they are "cute" or "cool" then she adds them as her friend.... If that is what FaceBook is about, then maybe I am too old. Personally, I think that girl is C-R-A-Z-Y! Us old people got our own thing going on over there...I'll keep our way.


6 comments:

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Cute hair cut but the pic doesn't look anything like you!!!!

Can't believe the mantle fell...

Love the letter pendants....super cute!

Jennifer said...

I love the new letter and picture pendants! Too cute! Did you notice I was wearing your necklace in Shelby's birthday party pictures?

Cute hair!

I'm excited about the gas prices too! Makes the trip to TX for Thanksgiving a lot better!

I hope your mantle didn't break...

Hope you and your fam have the best Thanksgiving!!

Mandy said...

Wow, you have been busy! Very impressive. I was working on some sewing projects until the thread on my bobbin ran out so I just kind of stopped . . . I better get back on it!

Too old for Facebook? No way!

Hope your Thanksgiving goes great! Have fun and remember it's about the people, not how clean your house is or how gourmet your food is.

Marc and Charity said...

Gosh, this made me tired. You've been BUSY!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

You've been BUSY!

Love the jewelry, love your slipcover, love your hair!

Guess what? Gas is cheaper here than there (miraculous!) John just filled up our van for $26 (it had a little in it already) but gas is $1.65, which is really nice since we're leaving for AR in the am. Hey...I may not get to your question tonight, but feel free to call my cell if you want to chat. I have mucho car time to kill. I'll email you my number!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mich said...

"CUTE" pendant models! :)

Are you ready to be invaded? See you tomorrow...I'm ready for some of mom's tators, Christmas shopping and all those picture moments in between.

Cute hair!