2.26.2009

I Got Skillz

I did math today y'all. I mean real math.

Well...no...it was more like 5th grade math, but still a ginormous accomplishment in my book.

I'm swimming in Prom preparations, and today I had to figure out how many rolls of this fabric stuff to order. In order to figure that out I had to do all these room measurement calculations, yada, yada, yada. It took me a whole class period at school today, but I did it! Real math! Woo Hoo! When I got home this afternoon I had Kirk figure it up for me to check my rockin' skills, and I was totally right! So what if it only took him 2 minutes....whatever.

If you know me....you are proud of me! *wink*

(Apologies to all my smart friends....please don't fire me as one of your peeps.)

8 comments:

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

That's why we even each other out....You're Math friends need an English person to balance them!!!

Mich said...

As the one person who is worse in math than you...I'm a little jealous of your accomplishment! However, as your big sis, I'm so proud! :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Woo Hoo!

Kendra said...

Oooh, I LOVE math. And that's said truthfully! Let's just hope that both you AND Kirk both have mad skilz because it would be really embarassing if you ran a roll short!

Carpool Queen said...

I'm taking a math refresher course helping my 3rd graders with their homework. If one train leaves at 7:14 traveling 60 miles per hour and another train leaves at 7:45 traveling..... AARGH!!!

I didn't get it right the first time (30 years ago)

Kristin said...

Math and I are not friends. We aren't even on speaking terms most days.

So I stand in awe of your figuring. :o)

Jennifer said...

Woohoo! Go girl!

Unknown said...

I know how you feel. I very much don't do math so when I do somewhat of a challenge, I'm ecstatic! hehe