* I'm under the impression that I would have been a fabulous dancer had my parents invested in lessons for me. Having never been given the opportunity to don a tutu and those swanky, but oddly weird, toe shoes, I do a heck of a job making up for all that lost time by channeling my inner ballerina in my kitchen. Daily. Much to the chagrin of the men who live in my house.
* My favorite all-time cereal is GrapeNuts. Nothing like chewing on gravel to start the day off right.
* I've met the Queen of England. Seriously. If you count "meeting" as standing on an upstairs balcony of a restaurant watching her motorcade go by. Details. Schmetails.
* I have, however, for realz met former President Jimmy Carter. He visited the church my dad pastored in Thailand while he was there on diplomatic business. I even slept in teensy braids the night before so my hair would be all crimpy for the Prez. Faincy.
* One of my most favorito snacks evuh is cucumbers in salted lemon juice. It's an Asian thang. But seriously delish.
* I have a weird food allergy in which I'm allergic to cucumbers. Hold the phone there, good buddy. What about the weird lemon juice thing? Well, I'm not rightly sure. But, to the best of my I-have-no-idea-what-I'm-talking-about knowledge, the lemon juice must kill the allergens. Because I can eat the lemony ones for days, but feed me just a plain ole' cucumber, and my mouth and ear canals will itch for a week.
* I also am allergic to raw carrots, anything that ends in "-melon," and bananas. And lest you think I'm crazy, I saw it discussed on Oprah by one of her very attractive guest doctors. So it must be legit.
* I have a tee-shirt fetish. I will sign up for events if it means I get a tee-shirt. In fact, tee-shirt disbursement is a high ranking criteria on my decision making list.
* The whole time the husband was gone on his trip this weekend, I drove his ginormous Conan truck. Because I didn't want to have to put gas in the van. It makes sense. Even if I can't see over the steering wheel.
* I always have to sleep farthest from the door. In my own room, hotel rooms, guest bedrooms....always farthest away. Because if by some chance we are robbed by an axe murderer...I don't want to be the first to go. So thoughtful I am.
* I returned a book to the library yesterday that had been missing since July. July! We are no longer on the bibliotheca blacklist. The taste of freedom is indeed sweet, unlike the glare of the librarian as she reprimanded me in front of the offspring for being so irresponsible. She also did not happily accept my excuse of it having been lost under my couch. Since July. Ok. You're right, that's gross.
* After several more attempts and a YouTube tutorial, I still am unable to make fire. I will now be reneging my application video for Survivor. It's okay though. I was already considering pulling it due to the fact that I was having insane nightmares about millions of people watching me walk around in nothing but bathing suit bottoms and a cardigan sweater for 3 months.
Now. Your turn.
Tell me something random that I don't know about you.
And if your mind has gone numb due my inconsequential ramblings, here's a jumpstarter for you:
If you were forced to transform into a toy for the rest of your life, which toy would you be? Why?
Here....I'll go first.
I'd be the Barbie Primp and Polish Styling Head.