3.03.2009

I'm In Mourning

In fact, I've been digging through my closet for my funeral black pill-box hat all morning.


For starters, and the most superficial of all reasons, is the monstrosity that happened on The Bachelor last night. I realize that a bazillion blog posts and status updates have been devoted to this same horrific event last night and today, so I will not spend time here giving you a blow by blow of the most low-down dirty display of heart-breaking reality television....ever.

I'm still fuming over the issue and can't help but feel a bit betrayed myself by Mr. Mesnick. I've spent my Monday nights devoted to his finding of soul-mate bliss (i.e. Melissa) for the last few months...and he had to go and stomp on both of our hearts. Grrrrr. Grrrrr. And triple Grrrrr.

(By the way....if you do want a blogalicious blow by blow, go here. And if you want a fabulous jingle to hum while you stew about the The Bachelor's sickening outcome, go here. I've been singing it all day. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, consider yourself lucky.)

One last comment....he could have at least let her keep that honkin' diamond.

Now. On to reason 2 that I'm dressed in head-to-toe black fleece today.

Isn't he pitiful? He's been running fever, making frequent trips to the bathroom, and subjecting me to SpongeBob all morning. Poor guy.

I hate it when my babies are sick. I did get my laundry all caught up today (only positive of my day)...but I'd rather have loads of dirty laundry than a puney punkin'.

Reason 3. The neighbor dogs got into my trash. I cannot explain to you the grouchiness that comes out in me when I find our week old trash as yard ornaments. Somehow old bread wrappers and dirty pull-ups don't have the same effect as pink flamingos and well-dressed gnomes. 'Nuff said.

My only hope for a turnaround in this pitiful day is for my youngster to perk up and for American Idol tonight to redeem my hope in reality television.

8 comments:

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Poor guy...he does look pitiful. Glad you got laundry caught up. I'm running my last load through right now. Hope he feels better and no one else gets it!

Glad I didn't get into the bachelor...what a let down!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you have a sick one at home! I hope he feels better.

SO...I've avoided The Bachelor all season (I love it, I just don't know how to watch it when my kids aren't in bed and we don't have TiVo), and last night we decided to watch the last hour AND the After The Rose segment. Oh my gosh...so weird.

Hey, congrats on getting your laundry caught up. I'm about to go start my first load. Been a long morning!

Bye!

Carpool Queen said...

I've been singing that blasted song all day, too!! I should have picked something less obnoxious.

Sorry about the puney one. That's never fun, but I oddly enjoy having one sick at home with me (if he's truly lay on the couch sick), because then we get special one on one time, which as you know, is rare.

Thanks for the linky love. And have fun on Idol (which I have successfully managed to stay away from so far.)

Kendra said...

Hey, don't forget about part TWO of After the Rose tonight on ABC!!! Like we want any more of that!

Kendra said...

Hey, don't forget about part TWO of After the Rose tonight on ABC!!! Like we want any more of that!

Alison said...

Sorry your lil' guy is sick. No fun having sick ones at home! Hope the rest of you stay well!!

Unknown said...

Ya know, I feel ya on your Bachelor comment. I mean Really? but anyways...before I get started lol

I hope he feels better!!

Kristin said...

I will never watch The Bachelor again. I rarely watch TV anyway but I happened to run across the first episode when it started this go around and I really like Jason and got sucked in.

The finale though? I no longer like Jason...not one little bit.

I'm TV show free again. YAY!