5.21.2010

Friday Brain Jumpings

I had hairapy this morning. 

I plopped myself down in the chair and while my sweetie-pie of a hairdresser wrapped me up in her swanky zebra striped cape, I told her that I would be her blank canvas today. 

I tend to have a severe case of A.D.D. when it comes to most things in my life, but my hair is a major case in point.  I can only stand to have the same cut for awhile, and then I'm bored out of my mind.  I'll spend umpteen months growing out on-my-nerves bangs, only to waltz right back into the salon to have her cut me a new set.  And I'd change the color of my hair just as often if I could afford the sticker price. 

Thank the Precious Lord, I have a hairdresser that I trust wholly and completely.  So today I just let her do her thang. 

And I'm so happy that I did. 

I'm now outfitted with a flippy swingy sassy new summer 'do. 

But you'll have to wait to see pictures...because I've worn all the day's mascara off and the big zit on my chin is shining....and I just found out that lots of folks in my town read my blog that I didn't know read my blog and now I'm suffering from major issues of self-conscious-isms. 

UPDATE:  I've reapplied my mascara and am now ready to be seen in public. 


Moving on.

While I was at hairapy, the boys were busy driving their drama teacher banonkers.  Our homeschool group is putting on a fantastic performance of Peter Pan tonight, and they have been dress rehearsing all day. 

I'm very excited to see the play this evening, but I am planning on stuffing a Xanax or three in my purse and slipping it to the director before the first curtain comes up.  Because if she wasn't crazy before for taking on such a huge project with our rowdy group of hellions, she, for sure, is crazy now. 

Speaking of crazy....

Did you watch Grey's Anatomy last night?  Shut.the.window.and.call.me.Edgar.  I think that episode drained 5 years off my life. 

While we're on the topic of my life....

In an effort to spare my children's lives and my sanity, school is officially out for summer.  No, we didn't technically totally "finish."  But, yes, we accomplished what we needed to to successfully pass everyone on to the next grade.  I think if we had spent any longer trying to do schoolwork just for the sake of saying we were doing schoolwork, then all 4 of us would be dead.  And I probably would have taken the husband down with us....just for looking at me the wrong way. 

So hooray for summer vacation!!

Speaking of summer vacation....

We're almost exactly a month away from boarding a plane for Mexico and holding down a couple of beach chairs for a week.  I've never been  more excited about doing absolutely nothing in all my life.  The only thing I'm dreading about the trip is that a swimsuit is required wardrobe.  And a swimsuit is the last thing I want to outfit my body in right now.  But I still have a month.....

Surely I will morph into Heidi Klum by then.

I'm sure of it.

OOOHHH...Heidi makes me think of famous people...which makes me think of American Idol...


What about that cutie pie Lee Dewyze??  I've been his Numero Uno fan from the beginning, and when he started crying with his daddy on this past week's show, I was done.in.  Love me some Lee.

In other news, our sweet precious niece Moriah graduated from high school this past weekend in Missouri.  We made the trek to Nowheresville to share her big night, and we were accompanied by more Budweiser t-shirts and do-rags than even a motorcycle rally could stand.  High.Class.Peeps.I'm.Tellin'.Ya. 

But oh.so.proud of her. 

Isn't she the cutest?

Cute.  I'll show you cute.  Have you ever seen anything more precious? 


That's Tate.  Our teeny tiny feller that breathes, eats, sleeps, and dreams baseball but can barely fill out the toddler sized baseball pants.  Couldn't you just eat him with a spoon??  I know!  Me, too...so back off.  I have first dibs.

And in an effort to be all fair in love and offspring, here are my other baseball stud muffins. 



Still cute as pie, but they've moved out of the spoon-worthy stage, which makes my uterus mourn.  Sniff.

On that note...

That's all.

12 comments:

Sami said...

I have NO internet and NO DVR so I have missed the last 4 weeks of Grey's AND Idol. Sucks. I'm going to have to scooch in extra close to the wall behind my bed to see if I can get good enough signal to watch Grey's online. Oh, and super cute hair!!

Mich said...

Cute hair!

Of course the pictures of my darling nephews are pretty cute too.

Peter Pan, huh? Sorry I'm going to miss it.

Have a great weekend! Love ya bunches!

Bridget said...

Love the new hair!! The boys all look great in their baseball uniforms!

Cathy said...

I could have wrote this post.

Minus the whole hairapy and gawgeous new do, the driving to Missouri, and the Mexico (I'm not coveting, I'm not coveting, I'm not coveting;)) thing.

So let's recap:

Grey's Anatomy - my finger nail stubs are still recovering and my heart is almost back to it's regular beat.

Lee - YES!

Baseball - take me out to the ballfield...when it's not raining, that is.

Ovaries - hurting here as well.

K- think that about covers it.

On that note...

I'll be done taking up space that would better be suited for others.

Unknown said...

I love your swankified hairdo!

You look as beautiful as always.

So excited about your trip to Mexico! That worth a the pain of finding a new swim suit!

And really, you can't go wrong with starting a post with hairapy and ending it with those fine base ball players.... they are cuties, all three of them!

Andrea said...

Super cute hair! And love your shirt too.

Since I have girls, I warm the benches inside the dance studio. I love to watch them practice. (Although I sometimes have to look away when they are learning something new in gymnastics.)

Gretchen said...

Adorable haircut! Love the new do.
We are sisters at heart when it comes to hair A.D.D.

Give me a spoon. He is so cute I could eat him up. I'll bring my little skinnier-than-a-bean-pole baseball player and we'll mourn our babies growing up together.

Marla Taviano said...

I could eat YOU with a spoon, you cute little thing!

My uterus doesn't want any more babies, just wants my girlies to STOP RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE.

Carpool Queen said...

I envy your devil may care attitude about new hairstyles. I have a hard time getting past the bob.

Nina Diane said...

hair looks really cute! And Mexico? beach chairs? yeah...I'm a tad bit jealous!

Gretchen said...

Oh, my goodness. That is PERFECT Mexico hair. Perfect. I love it. And I'm so stoked for your vaca!

And your baseball players? Spoonworthy.

My hubs things Grey's has jumped the shark. What say ye?

Tiffani said...

How could I not have commented on this post?? I specifically remember typing about how edible Tater is?????

oh wait, was that FB?? OK, I'm belated on the comment and I'm so sorry...your hair is beautiful, so summery and fun...and I want those boys in Georgia!!!!!

Love you muchly.