7.12.2010

Viva La Mexico!!

I'm in the throws of planning next summer's vacation away with the husband.  And I haven't even posted about this summer's vacay yet.

But that's how amazing the time away was.  So blissful that I can't wait for the next one. 

Want to hear about it?  Well...okay...you twisted my arm....

After a VERY eventful getting-there, we finally arrived in sunny and brilliant Puerto Vallarta. 




After almost dieing...even the outside of an airport is a beautiful thing!! 

We headed to our resort and instantly felt relaxed.  How could you not with surroundings like this....




And a view like this from your balcony...


Our resort beach was fantastic.  The guys spent a lot of time boogie-boarding and playing in the water, and we girls spent a lot of time napping and sunning ourselves.  We'd move from the sun to the shade of a palm tree and back to the sun again.  It doesn't get better than that.  It just doesn't.



This trip was so special, too, because we were able to spend it with the best company!  Wes and Lisa were the perfect travel companions.  We all were fine with either doing our own thing or hanging together.  Exactly as it should be.  No pressure from any direction.  Just the same goal:  Chillaxin'.



We had decided ahead of time that this trip was for the sole purpose of relaxing.  There would be NO touristy stuff or partaking of anything that would wear us out.  Just pure unadulterated relaxation.  We did, however, venture out of the resort walls ONCE.  And it was only for food and shopping. 


See that?  That is a plate of the best enchiladas that have ever passed through my lips.  Ever. 

We were told that we were not to miss out on PiPi's Restaurant in downtown Puerto Vallarta.  And I'm so glad that we listened.  It was beyond delicious.


I don't really have many stories to tell.  Because everything was just so chilled out and relaxed.  We talked a lot.  And giggled a lot.  And made lots of memories. 

And I fell in love with my husband all over again.


I'm ready for our next getaway.  Because they do my soul good.

Happy Summer!!

7 comments:

Nina Diane said...

no touristy stuff...that's my kind of vacation. I'm all about the relaxing! Looks and sounds like ya'll had a great time

Angie said...

Nothing beats the beach for relaxation! Loved the pics-you and hubby look so happy.
Glad you made it home in one piece. (and hopefully without the need for oxygen masks!)
Love you!

Carpool Queen said...

I want those enchiladas.

Tiffani said...

I want that beach! Sus, can have the enchiladas!

I remember our trip alone to Canada and it really is amazing to get alone time with the hubby...

Glad you made it there and home safe and you are once again at my fingertips!

I love you!

Gretchen said...

SO glad the rest of the week was better than how it started. Your pictures are amazing (LOVE the last one) and you look so relaxed, refreshed and fabulous.

Mich said...

Loved the pictures! Glad you had fun on my anniversary. :)

And YES I walked the halls in my new jammies from my favorite sister.

Love ya!

N said...

Sounds like ...
Pure Bliss