7.12.2010

NORMAL...A Foreign Word

I don't even know what NORMAL is anymore.  But I know that I'm ready to get back to it. 

These last few months have been some of the most consuming, yet glorious, months of our lives. 

We've spent more minutes and hours away from home than we have in it, but yet, we've felt at home everywhere we've been.  Our bodies have run a gamut of emotions from extreme elatedness to intense pain to inconceivable stress to pure joy.  And we'd do it all over again a million times if given the chance.  I've cried a lot.  And I've laughed a lot.  I've felt as though I was breathing my last breath, and I've been so happy that I've felt as though I was breathing for the first time.  I've uncontrollably wept for friendships that haven't been nurtured the way that they need to be, and snort-giggled with glee over friendships that have bloomed in ways I never thought possible.  I've been extremely disappointed, and I've beamed with pride.

It's been hard.  Yet glorious.  All at the same bizarre time.

But I'm ready for normalcy.  For the mundane.  The routine.  The expected.

I'm ready.

For whatever that is.

~~~~~~~~

It's been awhile since I've hovered around the worldwide web waters.  I won't lie to you and tell you that the break hasn't been somewhat refreshing.  It has.  But I'm ready to get back.  I'm ready to "see" my friends again.  To peek into the lives that I'm so attached to.  To journal again.  To connect.  

Over the next few days, I'll be posting about the consumption of our lives.  About the ironic way that "America's favorite pastime", baseball, can become work.  About the glories of a week spent under the shade of a palm tree.  And about things that could only happen to me...like breaking a Walmart register and emptying the entire contents of a tube of blue shoe polish all over a pair of white shorts and my car. 

I've missed you, friends.

It's good to be back.

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Yay! You're back! You've been missed around here!

Bridget said...

Been missin' you too!! :D

Mich said...

Love you! Still reading on my magazines. and I like the jammies.

Look forward to reading what you've been up to. :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm dying to know why in the world anyone buys blue shoe polish.

Glad you're back!

Angie said...

Missed you, Amber! I cherish the connection to family, even if it it through 'cyberspace'!
xoxo

Carpool Queen said...

She's back! You've been missed.

Jim said...

Amb,
It's about time! I have worn-out my left pinky, my right index, my left index, my left middle phalange, and my left index digit!
Or for those of you who use your own keyboard system - I have worn out my program of hunt-n-peck! Each time I come up dry on the blog, and feel somewhat left-out of your moment-by-moment rascal.antics! Oh, I know I've been down and been with your tribe, but your writing puts it into a whole different light.show!

Glad you're back!

Jim-Dad

Nina Diane said...

oh yay...you're back!

Tiffani said...

well, I think all of us have experienced a lot of those same feelings and taking lots of time "off" to soak in as much summer as possible...

I, too, am ready for routine and as my grandmother says "normal" is a setting on the dryer not a word to describe much else!! ;)

Gretchen said...

Welcome back, Friend! We've missed you!