8.25.2010

In Which I Feel Not A Bit Like Myself

I don't even know myself anymore.

  • I have not slept past 8:00 all week.  One day, I was even up by 6:00.
  • I have fed my children perfectly balanced, well-portioned lunches for the past 3 days.
  • I have been actively involved in the breakfast process this week.  As opposed to just hollering from my bed to open up a box of Lucky Charms.
  • I have called Rascal Academy to order promptly each morning, and we have not wrapped up our day until absolutely everything is checked off in the lesson plan book.
  • The absolutely everything lasted until 2:30 today....and yet, I hanged..hung..hunged..tough didn't stop.  Even though I was already 1.5 hours past due for my nap.
  • The dishwasher, washing machine, and dryer are providing a whirr of background noise as we do our lessons.  (Read:  I actually am keeping my house semi-clean.)
We started school this week.  And so far, I have no idea who the person is that is inhabiting my skin.  I won't say that I did a terrible job of schooling the children last year, but I certainly wasn't this on top of things.  We did start a brand new curriculum that I'm absolutely in love with, so I'm dead-set on doing it right and slurping up all the corners of its loveliness.  BUT...still....

All of this is so out of character for me.

But, I suppose, there is always next week to resume slacker-related habits, should the change be too much of a shock for my system.

14 comments:

theelizabethhighsmith said...

so long as a total elimination of tv and sugar have not been called for i will not order counseling!

way to go, teach. i could be cheesy and offer you an apple, oh why not , here an apple for the teach but make it carmel or candied whichever you prefer!

He & Me + 3 said...

Good for you. I hope that you keep it up...sounds like a great schedule to me.

lisa@littlesliceoflife said...

I feel like I don't even know you anymore.

Elizabeth said...

Oh dear. Are you running a fever? Any strange rashes? Tummy aches? I'll be praying for you. I mean, can you imagine staying this way? Ugh!

p.s. I *heart* you. And I am loving the book.

Angie said...

*DITTO*
Congrats on being one of those 'got-it-together' types!

We also started school Monday and even entertained our potential new pastor in the still-clean house. No illusions here though, I give it a week before the snooze button falls off from excesive use;)

Jennifer said...

You took the tank of "Happy Gas" home from the dentist, didn't you?!

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

"Well begun is half done"

Congrats on a great start!!!

Jim said...

Amb,
I always knew that inside there was a very together lady that sprouts to the surface and blossoms - not that I dislike her alter ego - I think both of them give my daughter the very attractive character that matches her physical appearance. Both of my girls make me so proud that I have to keep sewing my shirt buttons on.

Love you, Teach!

Jim-Dad

Carpool Queen said...

Rock and roll, sister!

Marla Taviano said...

You rock!

Nina Diane said...

you're all like a grown up now huh? glad to see you post...been missing ya!

Cathy said...

Who are you and what have you done with the friend that made me feel "normal"?

I on the other hand can't even keep up with blog reading and writing...and that's fun stuff.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hello...where is Amber?

Actually, it makes me smile to hear you're in a good groove! But don't lose yourself completely. Go eat some cheetos or pop tarts or something for me okay? :)