Lord Have Mercy. Lord Love a Duck. And Shut the Window and Call Me Edgar.
Betcha Didn't Know.....
- That the husband has been home for approximately 288 hours. Give or take a trip to the hospital or two. But I was still husband-sitting, so it totally counts. 288 hours. That's a whole lot of man-tv watching and iced tea fetching.
- That though I'm madly in love with the husband, the old adage "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" makes perfect and complete sense to me now. I've decided that his going to work is good for our marriage. Space and time is good for all of us. The only thing that is saving my sanity now is that he spent the last part of 2010 and the first part of 2011 traveling like a madman, so we're still finding stuff to talk about. For right now....
- That now people are going to be all worried about us and our marriage. Relax. We're good. I've been totally slapped in the face with how much I've taken for granted about the little things that he does around the house to help me, and I'm so saddened for him that his outdoorsy personality has been stuck inside. I also have no doubt that when the time comes for us to spend copious amounts of time together such as our future empty nest and retirement that we are going to be just.fine. As long as no one has knee surgery.... *smirky wink*
- That I'm actually feeling very, very blessed by the timing of all of this surgery/recovery mess. The husband's ACL surgery was actually scheduled for March. Baseball season. And his plans included coaching baseball from the seated comfort of a 5 gallon bucket. Um.Okay. But, this way, he should be good as new come season's starting, so he shouldn't be leaving crutch marks in the baseline. ALSO...the husband is getting ready to take on a huge project that is going to take him away from home most evenings and nights. I had been so dreading this project, because he was supposed to walk straight into the project from all the traveling he had been doing. But now, he's been forced to stay at home and spend a.lot. of quality time with me and the kids. Although it will still be very sour to hardly ever see him once he's recuperated and ready to start on the project, at least we know that we spent lots and lots of hours with him beforehand.
- That the husband now has a whole new respect for the art of homeschooling. I deemed him worthy of the honor of teaching beginning algebra to the 5th grader yesterday, and he quickly awarded me with all kinds of hefty accolades. I'll take "Thank you very much" and "I told you so" for $400, Alex.
- That the husband has decided that being an invalid might just be worth it for his stomach's sake. We've been poured on with heavy food blessings by our precious church family, and, needless to say, we've eaten very.very.very.ridiculously.well this week.
- That I have cabin fever something fierce. I've started hallucinating about my laundry coming to life and eating me. And I haven't even been sneaking the husband's pain killers.
- That the husband is going to attempt to go back to work for a few hours on Monday, and I'm not sure who is more ready.....
- That the husband and I are meeting our besties for lunch later today sans kids, and you would have thought that we won the lottery. This is huge, y'all. We're going to get dressed in real clothes and everything.
- ...well, I betcha did know...that my resolution of a picture a day/blog everyday has traveled to The Island of Unresoluized Resolutions. I've heard it has made itself quite comfortable there; saddling up right away to my other resolution of gym frequenting and healthy eating. I'm sure they'll live happily ever after.